Healthier Lemon Curd.
Lemon curd is a gross name for such a delicious thing. I think we'll call it Lemon Goop because it's really like goop. But delicious goop.
So this Lemon Goop recipe is much healthier than what you may expect -- paleo and dairy-free, with no refined sugars. Enjoy layered with yogurt, Supernola, berries, in a tarte, or with chia pudding.
- 2 lemons
- 3 medium eggs
- 1/3 cup honey/maple syrup/coconut nectar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or ghee
Takes , Serves 2.
- Zest lemons and beat with eggs and honey/coconut nectar/maple syrup (any of these is fine, just depends on your preference)
- In a medium saucepan or pot, add the mixture and stir continuously over low/medium heat. It's SUPER important to keep stirring! While stirring, squeeze the lemons.
- Once the mixture is slightly thickened (most likely about 8 minutes), add in the lemon juice and coconut oil/ghee very slowly while continuing to stir. Alternate adding about a tablespoon of each while stirring over medium heat.
- Continue to stir over medium heat until the mixture just starts to bubble. You'll notice it gets very thick. At this point (about 5 minutes), remove from heat and pour into glass jars or containers and put in fridge. Voila! Delicious Lemon Goop!