Paleo Apple Lemon Curd.
Super weird weather so far this September. One day we're reaching for the jackets and the next we're ripping off every layer we can! But still, apple festivals go on, and there's none other than the Rodale Institute's Organic Apple Festival each September. This apple lemon curd recipe is bursting with so much flavor that no one will have a clue it's paleo. Now, it is a curd, so please, have patience... but I promise it's worth the work! Plus, this recipe makes about a quart, and it will keep in the fridge for about 2 weeks. Use it along with your yogurt of choice + Supernola, turn it into a tart, or try it along with your Apple Crisp! Happy apple picking! ... Sidenote: Look at that gorgeous walnut table. Ugh. Can't get enough of it!
- 4 peeled and diced organic apples
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 5 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Simply Ghee
Takes , Serves 10.
- Put the diced apples, water, and lemon zest into a pot. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until apples are very soft.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs vigorously, and slowly add the lemon juice into the eggs until combined.
- With a masher, whisk or fork, the apples should be tender enough to break up into a puree. Turn the temperature down to low heat.
- Add the Simply Ghee and the sugar to the apple puree, and stir until melted.
- While whisking, slowly add the eggs into the pot. Keep whisking for about 2 minutes, and whisk once every minute for the next 5 minutes, or until curd thickens. Cool and enjoy within 2 weeks! Store in fridge.